Friday, September 28, 2007

This did NOT happen at MY house!!!!! (well, actually, it did.)

I really pride myself in closesly monitoring my kids. I have a fast road outside and I need to know where each one is at each moment. I don't where ear buds or play music too loudly so I can always hear them. If I'm on the phone and distracted, I'll actually follow them around the house, so I don't lose track. The few instances I HAVE lost somebody, for example, I've started the hunt within 10 mins. or less. Period. (And that goes for visiting kids, too!!)
The one exception is bed time. I set up a "safe" enviroment where minimal danger is present... like Trinity sleeps in a Nest in the middle of her big, double bed AND we removed the blinds from the window because of so many injuries w/ blind strings (on the news). I'll hear her get up and play in there sometimes, but she loves to arrange her baby dolls after turning off her fan, so I pay light attention only.


Deep breath.


So, imagine my surprise when my little girl comes out with a tiny curtsey and twirly showing off her beeeYUUUUtiful face and clothes covered in DESITON! I couldn't even push her towards the bathroom without getting it all over my hands! (Oh, man, I hope that stuff just washes out in the laundry! I threw them in with the current load! But that's a bunny trail.) As soon as I got her in the bath, smiling prettily and still proud of herself, I dared to check out the damage...

...Desiton was everywhere in her room and the drawer she found it in. There was a great, big smear on the floor where she painted, plops on the covers and dresser, Poodle Purse was covered, the nob on her fan and the door out, which I discovered when I grabbed it.

I went for paper towels.

Trinity is still extra pale. I soaped her thoroughly all over a couple of times - a few white streaks were in her pretty curls. Her face was "beautified" the mostest. I think she had gotten the idea at a friends' house earlier who had pretend lipstick in a pretend purse, and obviously I had underestimated the girly desire to beautify herself!

1 comment:

Tanya Kangas said...

Very cute! Thanks for the fun story!! I guess we ALL get these, don't we? Haven't had one for a while, so I better be on the lookout. I bet I'm due for one!!