Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jeremy and his shop


"Is it Ok for me to like our Maaco so much?"




It's a legitimate question. We grow up thinking "work" can't be "fun" even if it's a nice theory to work at what you like to do. What happens when you find you really do enjoy working?

I guess our first thought was to thank God and be grateful for the time He gives us in it. Any success we experience comes from God. Sure, we work - we do everything we can think of as soon as we think of it, challenging patterns or assumptions as often as possible, but "God gives the increase." And... it's His. But we sure are having a good time running it!





Jeremy enjoys all the aspects - he likes giving estimates and doing bodywork, painting and detailing and returning a job well done to a happy customer. (It's more complicated than that, and we enjoy all the behind-the-scene aspects, too, which needn't be elaborated on.)

I know it's not about me or my preferences, but I've never had so much fun working with my husband at something he enjoys so much. I've learned a lot plus I get to do lots of fun paperwork, but mostly, we get to spend a lot of time together and with our kids. Our shop is the best 'cause we can do it just the way we like it.
We pray God blesses a lot of people through our family business.

No comments: