Saturday, January 09, 2010

Christmas 2009
















Every year feels like "the best Christmas yet". I remember when I was 10 getting so excited I stayed up all night to wake dad and mom at 5am. Setting it all up Christmas Eve is so fun. This was probably the best year ever for finding deals, since everything went on crazy-sale. I found metalic colored "treasure boxes" for stocking stuffers - my favorite twist on turning the focus back on Jesus along with the manger.
This year all four kids were thrilled with the whole day. Trinity adds a lot, being four, now. The boys attack the day like a surprising great find, but she remembers and talks about every detail over and over building up anticipation. And nothing beats adding to our own memories and creating something wonderful.

No comments: