Saturday, January 09, 2010

A Snowy trip home











We got caught in the sudden snowfall on Tuesday, December 29th. It was absolutely gorgeous for the first hour and then the traffic got noticeably heavy for the second hour and the third hour on the drive home from Scappoose was a big questionmark of exactly HOW LONG would it take to meander the last few miles? The 205 freeway was at a standstill, so we took 122nd, but with the 15 mph progress and the multiple lights, it felt slower than snail pace. These pictures were taken back at the "absolute gorgeous" stage on Hwy 30.
These pictures will always be significant for me for a deeper, darker reason. This was the first of two days of reckoning for me on how ignorantly I could hurt people's feelings and how helpless I am to make everything right. Made me look twice at times I felt offended and held a grudge. Maybe 2010 is the year of Forgiving. Regardless, I am glad to leave 2009 behind. It has to have been the most labor-intensive year of our lives so far.

No comments: